| Return to index
(a) Every employer shall establish, implement and maintain an effective Injury and Illness Prevention Program in accordance with section 3203 of the General Industry Safety Orders.
(b) Every employer shall adopt a written Code of Safe Practices which relates to the employer's operations. The Code shall contain language equivalent to the relevant parts of Plate A-3 of the Appendix.
(c) The Code of Safe Practices shall be posted at a conspicuous location at each job site office or be provided to each supervisory employee who shall have it readily available.
(d) Periodic meetings of supervisory employees shall be held under the direction of management for the discussion of safety problems and accidents that have occurred.
(e) Supervisory employees shall conduct "toolbox" or "tailgate" safety meetings, or equivalent, with their crews at least every 10 working days to emphasize safety.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 142.3 and 6401.7, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 142.3 and 6401.7, Labor Code.
1. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 3-28-75; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 75, No. 13).
2. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 5-21-75; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 75, No. 21).
3. Amendment of subsection (d) filed 10-18-77; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 77, No. 43).
4. Repealer and new section filed 9-27-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 40).
5. Amendment filed 1-16-91; operative 2-15-91 (Register 91, No. 8).