Article 1. Reporting of Occupational Injury or Illness
(a) Every employer shall file a complete report of every occupational injury or occupational illness to each employee which results in lost time beyond the date of such injury or illness or which requires medical treatment beyond first aid, as defined in Labor Code Section 5401(a). As used in this subdivision, "lost time" means absence from work for a full day or shift beyond the date of the injury or illness.
(b) In the event an employer has filed a report of injury or illness pursuant to subdivision 14001(a), and the employee subsequently dies as a result of the reported injury or illness, the employer shall file an amended report indicating such death, within five days after the employer is notified or learns of the death.
(c) The report(s) required by subdivisions 14001(a) and (b) shall be made on Form 5020, Rev. 6, Employer's Report of Occupational Injury or Illness, reproduced in accordance with Section 14005, or by use of computer input media, prescribed by the Division and compatible with the Division's computer equipment. However, reports may be submitted on Form 5020, Rev. 5 until June 30, 1993.
(d) In the case of a self-insured employer, the reports required by subdivision 14001(a) and (b) shall be filed directly with the Division within five days after the employer obtains knowledge of the injury, illness or death. In addition, the self-insured employer shall transmit the doctor's report filed in accordance with Section 14003 to the Division within five days of receipt.
(e) In the case of an insured employer, the report required by subdivisions 14001(a) and (b) shall be filed with the insurer within five days after such insured employer obtains knowledge of the injury, illness or death.
(f) To assure timely filing of the doctor's first report, the employer, upon request by the physician, shall immediately disclose the name and address of the employer's workers' compensation insurance provider.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 6410, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 5401(a), 6409(a) and 6409.1(a), Labor Code.
1. New section filed 3-3-47; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 7).
2. Amendment filed 11-26-51; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 26, No. 5).
3. Repealer filed 5-16-73; designated effective 7-1-73 (Register 73, No. 20).
4. New section filed 2-8-80; designated effective 5-1-80 (Register 80, No. 6).
5. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 1-13-83; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 83, No. 3).
6. Amendment of subsections (b)-(d) filed 3-18-87; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 87, No. 12).
7. Amendment filed 6-14-89; operative 7-14-89 (Register 89, No. 25).
8. Editorial correction of printing error in subsections (a) and (b) (Register 90, No. 6).
9. Amendment of subsection (a), new subsection (b), subsection relettering, amendment of newly designated subsections (c)-(e), new subsection (f), and amendments of Note filed 1-14-93; operative 2-16-93 (Register 93, No. 3).