Storage Battery Systems and Changing and Charging Storage Batteries
- GENERAL INDUSTRY SAFETY ORDERS,
Sections 5184 and 5185
|Public hearing:||Jan. 15, 2015|
|Comment period:||Nov. 21, 2014 - Jan. 15, 2015|
|Filed with Secretary of State:||Jul. 30, 2015|
|Effective date:||Oct. 1, 2015|
- Notice / informative digest
- Proposed regulation
- Initial statement of reasons
- Notice of proposed modifications
- Final statement of reasons
- Text for Board consideration
- Text approved by OAL
Documents Relied Upon
- An email from Scott Ratigan, sent on January 12, 2009, with the subject "Proposal for updating Cal/OSHA's battery standard, 5185".
- 2010, California Fire Code, Title 24, Part 9, Chapter 6, Section 608, "Stationary Storage Battery Systems".(This document is copyrighted and therefore is not posted. The document may be viewed at the Standards Board office.)
- Advisory committee minutes from April 16, 2014, members roster and attendance sheets.
- U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, 29 CFR 1910.178, Powered industrial trucks.
- U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, 29 CFR 1910.268, Telecommunications.
- Standards Board public hearings
- Rulemaking proposals scheduled for hearing or adoption
- Recently approved standards
- The petition process
- The variance process
- Search for Cal/OSHA regulations
- Title 8 Index
- Upcoming advisory committees
- Recent Cal/OSHA advisory committees
- Learn about Cal/OSHA enforcement