A Worker May Be Sick or Exposed to COVID-19 What cleaning and disinfection procedures are required?
- What are COVID-19 symptoms and what do I need to do if an employee is sick or exposed?
- What are paid sick leave options for workers?
- What cleaning and disinfection procedures are required?
- Do I need to offer workers' compensation benefits?
- What is an outbreak and what do I need to report?
Employers must implement a cleaning and disinfecting plan if there has been a COVID-19 case at the workplace and notify close contacts of the plan.
To protect employees from COVID-19 hazards you must evaluate handwashing facilities, determine the need for additional facilities, encourage and allow time for employee handwashing, and provide employees with an effective hand sanitizer. You should encourage employees to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds each time. You must not provide or allow the use of hand sanitizers with methyl alcohol.