- CHSWC research reports
- Current CHSWC Annual Report of programs and data
- Guidebook for Injured Workers
- Guides about filing workers' comp claims
- Carve-Out/Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Young workers and workers' compensation
- Meetings, information bulletins and subscriptions to CHSWC
- Frequently asked questions about workers' comp for employers
California Forum for Workplace Health and Safety
February 8 -9, 2001
l. Welcome & introductions
Welcome & introductions
ll. California in the new millenium
- Changing Nature of Work and
The Labor Force
"Transformation of Work and Employment in the New Economy"
Work in the NEW ECONOMY"
Chris Benner, PhD, Instutite of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley
of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses, 1992"
J. Paul Leigh, PhD, School of Medicine, UC Davis
Mary E. Garry, Hewlett-Packard
Maggie Robbins, Consultant, California Labor Federation, AFL-CIO
lll. Effective workplace health and safety program
Workplace Health & Safety Program"
Robin Baker, Director, Labor Occupational Health Program, UC Berkeley
Safety As Culture Determinant of Safety and Health"
Knut Ringen, Dr.PH, Consultant, Stoneturn Consultants
Safety Excellence Through Joint Labor & Management Cooperation"
Hal D. Lindsey, JD, Executive Director, Corporate Health and Safety
Department of Water and Power/International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 18
in Occupational Health and Safety, Targeting Hazardous Employers"
Frank Neuhauser, Project Director, Survey Research Center, UC Berkeley
- Trends in Occupational Injuries and Illnesses
John F. Burton, Jr., PhD, Dean, School of Management & Labor Relations, Rutgers University
IV. Best practices from the field: Developing new strategies
- Group Facilitators
- Michael C. Alvarez, Area Manager, Cal Osha Consultation Services,
- Elaine El-Askari, Program Coordinator, LOHP, UC Berkeley
- Marianne P. Brown, Director, LOSH, UC Los Angeles
- Quintin Robinson, Program Coordinator, LOSH, UC Los Angeles
- Richard Da Rosa, Sr. Industrial Hygienist, CalOSHA Consutation, DIR
- Robin Baker, Director, LOHP, UC Berkeley
- Kelly Howard, Area Manager, CalOSHA Consultation, DIR
- Diane Bush, Program Coordinator, LOHP, UC Berkeley
- Irina Nemirovsky, Research Specialist, CHSWC
- Betty Szudy, Program Coordinator, LOHP, UC Berkeley
- Laura Stock, Program Coordinator, LOHP, UC Berkeley
- Suzanne P. Teran, Program Coordinator, LOHP, UC Berkeley
- Michael C. Alvarez, Area Manager, Cal Osha Consultation Services, DIR
V. New solutions: Addressing special populations - panel discussion
Workers at Risk"
Diane Bush, Project Coordinator, Labor Occupational Health Program, UC Berkeley
Special Populations: Immigrant Workers in California"
Suzanne Teran, Program Coordinator, Labor Occupational Health Program, UC Berkeley
Small Business: Investing In Prevention"
Julianne Broyles, Director, Insurance & Employee Relations, California Chamber of Commerce
- California Small Business: Investing In
Lori C. Kammerer, Managing Director, California Coalition on Workers' Compensation
VI. Disability management and return to work
Return to Work: Recent Findings"
Leslie I. Boden, PhD, Professor, Boston University
Robert T. Reville, PhD, Director of Research, RAND
- Medical Management
Jay Himmelstein, MD, MPH, Program Director
Workers' Compensation Health Iniative, Univ. of Massachusetts Medical Center
Team Approach to Disability Management"
Gideon Letz, MD, MPH, Medical Director, State Compensation Insurance Fund
Linda Stutzman, Legal Nurse Consultant, Disability Management Insights
- Injured Worker Needs
Joan Lichterman, Injured Worker and Vice President, CTD Resouece Network, Inc.
- Educational Intervention
Juliann Sum, Esq., MPH, Labor Occupational Health Program, UC Berkeley
VII. Future directions and new initiatives
- John Howard, MD, Chief, Division of Occupational Safety and Health
- Robert J. Harrison, MD, Public Health Medical Officer, Dept. of Health Services
- Christine Baker, Executive Officer, Commission on Health & Safety & Workers' Compensation