Fall Protection for Work Around Skylights
- GENERAL INDUSTRY SAFETY ORDERS,
Sections 3207 and 3212
|Public hearing:||Sep. 17, 2015|
|Comment period:||Jul. 31, 2015 - Sep. 17, 2015|
|Filed with Secretary of State:||Apr. 12, 2016|
|Effective date:||Jul. 1, 2016|
- Notice / informative digest
- Proposed regulation
- Initial statement of reasons
- Notice of proposed modifications
- Final statement of reasons
- Text for Board consideration
- Text approved by OAL
Documents Relied Upon
- Petition 531, submitted by Bryan Crabb, Executive Director of the California Solar Energy Industries Association, dated October 15, 2012.
- Division of Occupational Safety and Health Review of Petition 531, dated March 1, 2013.
- Occupational Safety and Health Standards Board’s Proposed Petition Decision on Petition 531, dated April 3, 2013.
- August 14, and October 22, 2014, Advisory Committee minutes, members rosters, and attendance sheets.
- American National Standard, American Society of Safety Engineers, ANSI/ASSE A10.11-2010, Safety Requirements for Personnel and Debris Nets—American National Standard for Construction and Demolition Operations, approved on November 2, 2010. (The document may be viewed at the Standards Board office.)
- American National Standard, American Society of Safety Engineers, ANSI/ASSE A1264.1-2007, Safety Requirements for Workplace Walking/Working Surfaces and Their Access; Workplace, Floor, Wall and Roof Openings; Stairs and Guardrails Systems, approved on January 18, 2017. (The document may be viewed at the Standards Board office.)
- American National Standard, American Society of Safety Engineers, ANSI/ASSE Z359.1-2007, Safety Requirements for Personal Fall Arrest Systems, Subsystems and Components, approved on May 31, 2007. (The document may be viewed at the Standards Board office.)
- U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, 29 CFR 1910.23, Guarding Floor and Wall Openings and Holes.