| Return to index
The employer shall assure that employees who decline to accept hepatitis B vaccination offered by the employer sign the following statement as required by subsection (f)(2)(D):
I understand that due to my occupational exposure to blood or OPIM I may be at risk of acquiring hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. I have been given the opportunity to be vaccinated with hepatitis B vaccine, at no charge to myself. However, I decline hepatitis B vaccination at this time. I understand that by declining this vaccine, I continue to be at risk of acquiring hepatitis B, a serious disease. If in the future I continue to have occupational exposure to blood or OPIM and I want to be vaccinated with hepatitis B vaccine, I can receive the vaccination series at no charge to me.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 142.3 and 144.7, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 142.3 and 144.7 Labor Code and Sections 117600 though 118360 health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 12-9-92; operative 1-11-93 (Register 92, No. 50).
2. Editorial correction of printing errors in subsections (c)(1)(A) and (d)(2)(C) (Register 93, No. 32).
3. Amendment of subsections (g)(1)(A)2. and (g)(1)(B)2. filed 2-5-97; operative 3-7-97 (Register 97, No. 6).
4. Amendment filed 1-22-99 as an emergency; effective 1-22-99 (Register 99, No. 4). The emergency regulation shall remain effect until the nonemergency regulation becomes operative or until August 1, 1999, whichever first occurs pursuant to Labor Code Section 144.7(a).
5. Permanent adoption of 1-22-99 amendments, including further amendments, filed 7-30-99 pursuant to Labor Code section 144.7(a); operative 7-30-99 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(d) (Register 99, No. 31).
Go Back to Article 109 Table of Contents