|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) The employer shall establish a diesetting procedure that will ensure compliance with this section.
(1) The employer shall provide spring loaded turnover bars for power operated presses designed to accept such turnover bars.
(2) The employer shall provide die stops or other means to prevent losing control of the die while setting or removing dies in power operated presses which are inclined.
(3) The employer shall provide and enforce the use of safety blocks for use whenever dies are being adjusted or repaired in the power operated press.
EXCEPTION: Press brakes using general purpose dies.
(4) The employer shall provide brushes, swabs, lubricating rolls, and automatic or manual pressure guns so that operators and diesetters shall not be required to reach into the point of operation or other hazard areas to lubricate material, punches or dies.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment filed 10-31-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 44).
Go Back to Article 55 Table of Contents