- Standards Board public hearings
- Rulemaking proposals scheduled for hearing or adoption
- Recently approved standards
- The petition process
- The variance process
- Search for Cal/OSHA regulations
- Title 8 Index
- Upcoming advisory committees
- Recent Cal/OSHA advisory committees
- Learn about Cal/OSHA enforcement
Petition File No. 501: Ban of Mercury Amalgam in Dental Work
Petition File No. 501
Charles Brown, National Counsel
Consumers for Dental Choice
The Petitioner requests the Board to amend Title 8, California Code of Regulations, regarding a ban of mercury amalgam in dental work and protective measures in dental offices.
- Petition 501 pdf, 6.41MB
At the July 17, 2008, Occupational Safety and Health Standards Board meeting in Costa Mesa, California, the Standards Board voted 3-1 to deny Petition 501 that requested a mercury ban and/or a vertical standard for protective measures in dental offices. Board members Frisch, Jackson, and MacLeod voted to deny the petition. Board member Kastorff voted against denial. Board members Moreno, Rank, and Washington were not present at the July 17, 2008, meeting.
The petition file is closed and no further action will be taken on this matter.