- Standards Board public hearings
- Rulemaking proposals scheduled for hearing or adoption
- Recently approved standards
- The petition process
- The variance process
- Search for Cal/OSHA regulations
- Title 8 Index
- Upcoming advisory committees
- Recent Cal/OSHA advisory committees
- Learn about Cal/OSHA enforcement
Heat Illness Prevention
- GENERAL INDUSTRY SAFETY ORDERS,
|Public hearing:||Sep.. 25, 2014|
|Comment period:||Aug. 8, 2014 - Sep. 25, 2014|
|Filed with Secretary of State:|
Documents Relied Upon
- ACGIH Criteria document for a heat stress and strain threshold limit value. (2009) American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists. 7th Edition.(This document is copyrighted and therefore is not posted. The document may be viewed at the Standards Board office.)
- Anderson, G B and Bell, M L. (2011) Heat Waves in the United States: Mortality Risk during Heat Waves and Effect Modification by Heat Wave Characteristics in 43 U.S. Communities. NIH Environmental Health Perspectives 119:210–218.
- Armstrong, Lawrence E.; Casa, Douglas J.; Millard-Stafford, Mindy; Moran, Daniel S.; Pyne, Scott W.; Roberts, William O., “Exertional Heat Illness during Training and Competion.” Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 39(3):556-572, March 2007. (This document is copyrighted and therefore is not posted. The document may be viewed at the Standards Board office.)
- United States Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Heat Index Chart, printed from internet, June 3, 2014.
- US Army, Heat Stress Control and Heat Casualty Management, Technical Bulletin. Washington, D.C. March 7, 2003. TB MED 507/AFPAM 48-152(I)
- Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center . Surveillance Snapshot: reportable medical events of 19 heat injury in relation to heat index, June-September 2011. MSMR 18(10): 19.
- Washington State Department of Labor and Industries, Concise Explanatory Statement for Rulemaking on Outdoor Heat Exposure, January 2008.
- Meeting Summary of the Heat Illness Prevention Meeting on July 8, 2013, with a list of Attendees and Interested Parties.
- Meeting Summary of the Heat Illness Prevention Meeting on February 3, 2014, with a list of Attendees and Interested Parties.