- Standards Board public hearings
- Rulemaking proposals scheduled for hearing or adoption
- Recently approved standards
- The petition process
- The variance process
- Search for Cal/OSHA regulations
- Title 8 Index
- Upcoming advisory committees
- Recent Cal/OSHA advisory committees
- Learn about Cal/OSHA enforcement
Diesel Engine Shut-off Devices
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: 2211 Park Towne Circle, Suite 5, Sacramento, CA 95825
Contact: Hans Boersma
To amend Title 8, Sections 6505 and 6625. Section 6625 would prohibit the operation of unattended engines within 50 feet from an open wellbore or other source of flammable gas or vapor unless the engine is equipped with an automatic emergency stop device. An alternative to changes in Section 6625 will also be considered to add a new Section 6625.1 which would require control of diesel engine runaway hazards within 50 feet from an open wellbore or other source of flammable gas or vapor. Definitions are added in 6505 to clarify proposed anguage.