NOTICE OF PUBLIC
MEETING OF THE
INDUSTRIAL WELFARE COMMISSION
In accordance with Labor Code Sections 1173, 1178 and 1178.5, the Industrial Welfare Commission ("IWC") will hold a public meeting on Monday June 10, 2002. This public meeting will be held in Sacramento at the State Capitol, Senate Room 112 commencing at 10:00 a.m.
PUBLIC MEETING AGENDA
1. Approval of minutes for the public meeting held October 29, 2001.
2. Consideration of a petition requesting the Industrial Welfare Commission conduct a review to raise and index the minimum wage in California.
3. Closed session pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e) to discuss pending litigation in California Labor Federation, et al v. Industrial Welfare Commission, San Francisco Superior Court case no. 500547.
4. Consideration of and possible action on the Statement as to the Basis for amendments to Wage Order #1 regarding meal periods for employees in the manufacturing industry.
5. Any new business that may come before the IWC.
For further information, you can
visit the IWC's web site at www.dir.ca.gov/iwc. You can
also contact Bridget Bane, Executive Officer at 415-703-5260, or other staff
members of the IWC, at
Doug Bosco, Commissioner
Timothy Cremins, Commissioner
Leslee Coleman, Commissioner
Harold Rose, Commissioner