- View or download wage orders
- Find out which wage order pertains to my occupation
- Attend a public meeting
- Ask a question about wage orders
- Get information on terms of employment
Notice of public meeting
In accordance with Labor Code sections 1173 and 1177, the Industrial Welfare Commission (IWC) will hold a public meeting on Friday March 5, 2004. This public meeting will be held in Sacramento at the State Capitol, senate room 113, commencing at 10:00 a.m.
Public meeting agenda
1. Consideration of and possible action on the statement as to the basis for amendments to Wage Order #5 regarding exemption for employees with direct responsibility for the elderly and adults with disabilities, receiving 24-hour care.
2. Consideration of and possible action on the statement as to the basis for amendments to Wage Order #9 regarding public transit drivers currently exempt from the meal and rest period provisions of this wage order.
3. Closed session, pursuant to Government Code 11126(e), to update the IWC regarding pending litigation in National Ready Mix Concrete Co. v. IWC, et al., Los Angeles Superior Court, No. 286838, and Westside Concrete Co. v. Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, et al., Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, Div. 8, No. B167037.
4. Any new business that may come before the IWC.
For further information, you can visit the IWC's Web site at www.dir.ca.gov/iwc. You can also contact Bridget Bane, executive officer at 415-703-5260, or other staff members of the IWC, at (916) 274-1016.
Bill Dombrowski, chair
Doug Bosco, commissioner
Timothy Cremins, commissioner
Leslee Guardino, commissioner
Harold Rose, commissioner