NOTICE OF PUBLIC
AND PUBLIC HEARING OF THE
INDUSTRIAL WELFARE COMMISSION
In accordance with Labor Code Sections 1173, 1177(b), and 1178.5, the Industrial Welfare Commission ("IWC") will hold a public meeting and a public hearing on August 24, 2001, in Los Angeles at the Junipero Serra State Building, Auditorum, 107 South Broadway, commencing at 10:00 a.m. The public hearing will follow immediately after the public meeting.
1. Approval of the Minutes for the public meetings held on April 24, 2001 & June 15, 2001.
2. Consideration of technical aspects of Wage Order 14, and approval of the Statement as to the Basis for the amendments to Wage Order 14 regarding the wages and working conditions of sheepherders.
3. Staff counsel report on request that Section 11 of Wage Order 1-2001 be modified to allow employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement to agree to a meal period after 6 hours of work.
4. Status report on staff investigation of the exemption for public transit workers from the meal period and rest period requirements of Wage Order 9 with regard to public safety and collective bargaining.
5. Discussion of, and possible action with regard to, the May 30, 2001 opinion letter written by Miles Locker, Chief Counsel of the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, on deductions from exempt employees' salary.
1. Public comment on proposed amendments to Wage Order 5 regarding overtime, meal period, and rest periods.
For further information, you can
visit the IWC's web site at www.dir.ca.gov/iwc.
You can also contact Bridget Bane, Executive Officer, or other staff members
of the IWC, at
Bill Dombrowski, Chair
Doug Bosco, Commissioner
Timothy Cremins, Commissioner
Leslee Coleman, Commissioner
Harold Rose, Commissioner