- File a workplace safety complaint
(Interpretation services available)
- Learn about worker rights
- Obtain a free consultation
Cal/OSHA Branches & Units
- Amusement Ride and Tramway
- Asbestos and Carcinogen
- Heat and Agriculture Program
- High Hazard
- Labor Enforcement Task Force
- Legal and BOI
- Mining and Tunneling
- Pressure Vessel
- Process Safety Management
- Research and Standards
- Other Units
Research and Education Unit
OSHA has posted a series of videos to help workers learn about the proper use of respirators on the job. There are nine short videos, eight of which are also available in Spanish. Topics include respiratory protection in general industry, respiratory protection in construction, respiratory types, fit testing, maintenance and care of respirators, medical evaluations, training requirements, voluntary use of respirators, and counterfeit and altered respirators. For more information on respirators, see OSHA's Respiratory Protection Safety and Health Topics Page.
NOTE: (1) the videos provided in the following link reference Federal OSHA regulations. Please reference Title 8 CCR Section 5144 for Cal/OSHA specific requirements;
NOTE: (2) Reference Title 8 CCR Section 1530.1 regarding the prohibition of cutting, grinding, sanding concrete or masonry materials without wet or local exhaust controls.
NOTE: the information provided in this link references Federal OSHA regulations. Please reference Title 8 CCR Sections 5095 - 5100 for specific Cal/OSHA requirements.
Ergonomic Guidelines for Manual Material Handling
This booklet is written for managers and supervisors in industries that involve the manual handling of containers. It offers suggestions to improve the handling of rectangular, square, and cylindrical containers, sacks, and bags.
Protect Yourself from Heat Illness / Protejase de las Enfermedades Causadas por el Calor
A small pamphlet for employees containing information on how they can recognize and prevent heat illness.
- Protect Yourself from Heat Illness / Protejase de las Enfermedades Causadas por el Calor 268kB, 5-fold pamphlet
Easy Ergonomics for Desktop Computer Users
Easy Ergonomics for Desktop Computer Users - Booklet aids in the identification of potential work station problems and provides suggested improvements.
Easy Ergonomics: A Guide to Selecting Non-Powered Hand Tools
- Easy Ergonomics: A Guide to Selecting Non-Powered Hand Tools - The purpose of this booklet is to help you select or purchase the best available ergonomically designed non-powered hand tool. English - version - 1.27MB - html version - Spanish - version 3.03MB
Working Safer and Easier for Janitors, Custodians, and Housekeepers
Janitors, Custodians, and others who work in the cleaning industry need a safe and healthful workplace. Two educational products have been developed: one a series of fact sheets, and the other is a series of posters. Both products have been designed to be used by companies of any size and in places such as schools and universities, office buildings, apartments, and rental properties. They may also be used by housekeeping services for hospitals, hotels, and motels.
- Working Safer and Easier for Janitors, Custodians, and Housekeepers English version and Spanish version
Working Safer and Easier Posters:
Download more publications online. Current Cal/OSHA publications may be viewed and downloaded.