I want to . . .
- Apply for a position as a state mediator
- Apply to join the SMCS panel of private arbitrators
- Contact SMCS
- File a wage claim (to DLSE)
- Find out more about SMCS’ private arbitrator panel
- Make a payment to SMCS
- Report labor violations (to DLSE)
- Request an arbitration list
- Request mediation
- See available publications
- California Labor & Workforce Development Agency
- DIR Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
- National Academy of Arbitrators
- California Public Employee Relations (CPER),
- Federal Mediation & Conciliation Service
- National Mediation Board
Applicants for membership -- panel of labor arbitrators
Please review the arbitrator panel requirements, and if you have not already done so, complete and submit to us the following materials. Note that all forms are in “fill and print” versions, using Adobe Acrobat.
- Arbitrator panel requirements
- Arbitration resume form ( Word format) ( pdf); (see note below)
- Arbitrator information and renewal form;
- List of arbitration cases form;
- Supplemental information for interest arbitration form (if you wish to be listed for interest arbitration cases);
- Sample written award you have issued (preferred), article you have published on a labor relations topic, or other expository writing sample, and
- A statement explaining the scope and duration of the applicant's labor relations experience.
in Acrobat format
Please mail the information to us at our headquarters address:
Note: The standard SMCS arbitrator resume form is now available for your use in Microsoft Word. This is a preferable format, as it will allow you to fill it out on the website, and download (save) it to your own computer, for ease in later editing. After you save it, please send us a copy of your resume in Microsoft Word by emailing it to: SMCSinfo@dir.ca.gov. When you wish to update your resume, simply edit the saved copy (including the date of the resume) and send it in the same manner.