I want to . . .
- Apply for a position as a state mediator
- Apply to join the SMCS panel of private arbitrators
- Contact SMCS
- File a wage claim (to DLSE)
- Find out more about SMCS’ private arbitrator panel
- Make a payment to SMCS
- Report labor violations (to DLSE)
- Request an arbitration list
- Request mediation
- See available publications
- California Labor & Workforce Development Agency
- DIR Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
- National Academy of Arbitrators
- California Public Employee Relations (CPER),
- Federal Mediation & Conciliation Service
- National Mediation Board
Mediation of Agricultural Labor Disputes per SB 1156/AB 2596
SB 1156 and AB 2596 provide for mandatory mediation of certain contract disputes between agricultural employers and unions representing their employees. In the event no agreement is reached, the mediator issues an award to be implemented by the Agricultural Labor Relations Board.
The SMCS panel of private arbitrators who have been qualified to handle interest arbitration constitutes the pool from which names of neutrals will be drawn to handle these agricultural disputes. Mediators and arbitrators who wish to be referred for these cases must be accepted to the SMCS panel of private arbitrators, including the interest arbitration panel.