CHSWC Commission Member
Appointed by: Senate Rules Committee
Term Expires: December 31, 2020
Angie Wei is the legislative director of the California Labor Federation, the state AFL-CIO. The state Federation represents 1,200 affiliated unions and over two million workers covered by collective bargaining agreements. Previously, Wei was a program associate for Policyline of Oakland, California, and advocated for the California Immigrant Welfare Collaborative, a coalition of four immigrant rights organizations who came together to respond to cuts in public benefits for immigrants as a result of the 1996 federal welfare reform law.
Ms. Wei holds a Bachelor of Art degree in Political Science and Asian American Studies from the University of California, Berkeley, and a Master of Arts degree in Public Policy from the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Go to Commission Members Main Page
Commission on Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation (CHSWC)
- CHSWC research reports
- Current CHSWC Annual Report of programs and data
- Guidebook for Injured Workers
- Guides about filing workers' comp claims
- Carve-Out/Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Young workers and workers' compensation
- Meetings, information bulletins and subscribtions to CHSWC
- Frequently asked questions about workers' comp for employers