Reinforcing Steel Concrete Construction and Post-Tensioning Operations
- CONSTRUCTION SAFETY ORDERS,
Sections 1711, 1712, 1713, 1717, and 1721
|Public hearing:||Dec. 15, 2016|
|Comment period:||Oct. 28, 2016 - Dec. 15, 2016|
|Filed with Secretary of State:||Oct. 26, 2017|
|Effective date:||Jan. 1, 2018|
- Notice / informative digest
- Proposed regulation
- Initial statement of reasons
- Notice of proposed modifications
- Second Notice of proposed modifications
- Final statement of reasons
- Text for Board consideration
- Text approved by OAL
Documents Relied Upon
- Letter from Mr. Walter Wise, General President, International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers, dated September 11, 2013, and Memorandum from Steven L. Rank, Executive Director of Safety and Health, Iron Workers International containing the proposed text and amendments to Section 1712, dated September 11, 2013, constituting the petition request.
- California Division of Occupational Safety and Health, Evaluation of Petition File No. 537 dated December 31, 2014.
- State of California, Occupational Safety and Health Standards Board, Petition File No. 537 from Mr. Walter W. Wise, General President, International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers, Decision dated February 20, 2014.
- Advisory committee minutes from October 27, and 28, 2014, member roster and attendance sheets.
- Letter from Mr. Michael Walton, Secretary, Construction Employers' Association (CEA), Regarding Reinforcing Steel and Post-Tensioning in Concrete Construction dated March 30, 2015.
- Letter from Mr. Steven L. Rank, Executive Director of Safety and Health, International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Ironworkers (IABSORI), Re: Fiscal/Economic Information - Proposed Reinforcing Steel and Post-Tensioning Standards, dated August 12, 2015.
- American National Standard Institute (ANSI)/American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), A10.9-2013, Safety Requirements for Concrete and Masonry Work, American National Standard for Construction and Demolition Operations. (This document is copyrighted and therefore is not posted. The document may be viewed at the Standards Board office.)
Documents Relied Upon 15-day Notice
- Letter from Mr. Steven L. Rank, Executive Director of Safety and Health, International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Ironworkers (IABSORI), Re: Estimated Costs of Injuries Incurred During Reinforcing Steel and Post-Tensioning Activities, dated August 28, 2016.
Occupational Safety & Health Standards Board (OSHSB)
- Standards Board public hearings
- Rulemaking proposals scheduled for hearing or adoption
- Recently approved standards
- The petition process
- The variance process
- Search for Cal/OSHA regulations
- Title 8 Index
- Upcoming advisory committees
- Recent Cal/OSHA advisory committees
- Learn about Cal/OSHA enforcement