- View or download wage orders
- Find out which wage order pertains to my occupation
- Attend a public meeting
- Ask a question about wage orders
- Get information on terms of employment
Notice of public meeting
In accordance with Labor Code Sections 1173 and 1178.5, the Industrial Welfare Commission (hereinafter IWC) will hold a public meeting on Friday, June 2, 2006. This public meeting will be held in Sacramento at the Cal/EPA Building, Byron Sher Auditorium, 1001 I Street, commencing at 10:00 a.m.
PUBLIC MEETING AGENDA
1. Consideration of and possible action on a petition from Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger dated May 18, 2006, requesting the Industrial Welfare Commission review and amend Minimum Wage Order 2001 and minimum wage provisions of other orders as necessary, to establish, if necessary, a new minimum wage for California workers to supply them "the cost of a proper living" within the meaning of Labor Code section 1178 and 1178.5 and a letter from Senator Abel Maldonado dated April 26, 2006, requesting the Industrial Welfare Commission review and increase the California minimum wage. The full review of the adequacy of the minimum wage will be in conformance with Labor Code section 1173.
2. Consideration of and possible action on selection of a wage board.
3. Any additional business that may come before the IWC.
For further information, you can visit the IWC's website at www.dir.ca.gov/iwc. You can also contact Stephanie Leach at (916) 322-2206 or send a letter to IWC, 801 K Street, Suite 2100, Sacramento, CA 95814.
Bill Dombrowski, Chair
Doug Bosco, Commissioner
Timothy Cremins, Commissioner
Leslee Coleman Guardino, Commissioner
Harold Rose, Commissioner
Special accommodations (i.e., sign language, accessible seating) may be requested by contacting IWC at (916) 322-2206 at least seven (7) days prior to the meeting date.
May 23, 2006