Other Cal/OSHA Regulations
Regulations Related to Your IIPP
Depending on your type of business, there may be additional requirements related to your IIPP. Examples include:
- Petroleum - Sections 6507, 6508, 6509, 6760, 6761, and 6762
- Ship Building, Repair and Breaking - Section 8406
- T8CCR, Section 1509 and 3203 outlines the IIPP requirements for construction. For Construction, T8 CCR Section 1509 states, in part that:
- "Every employer shall establish, put into place, and maintain an effective Injury and Illness Prevention Program" (in accordance with T8 CCR 3203).
- Every employer shall adopt a written Code of Safe Practices (T8CCR 1938 Appendix A - Plate A-3) which relates to the employer's operations.
- "Supervisory employees shall conduct Toolbox or Tailgate safety meetings, or equivalent, with their crews at least every 10 working days to emphasize safety"
Cal/OSHA has a number of regulations on workplace safety and health. The specific Cal/OSHA requirements that apply to your workplace depend on the types of work activities your employees are actually performing and the specific hazards they may be exposed to. The Cal/OSHA regulations are in Title 8 of the California Code of Regulations (T8CCR), see www.dir.ca.gov/samples/search/query.htm. After looking at T8CCR 3203 or T8CCR 1509, next you should determine which additional Cal/OSHA requirements apply to your workplace and employees.