The following resources were reviewed for the preparation of this etool and may provide further information on effective training.
Note: the resources are listed alphabetically by title, rather than by author, to help readers find information on issues of particular interest.
- "Conducting Effective Tailgate Training", David Harrington, MPH, Barbara Materna, PhD, CIH, Jim Vannoy, MPH, and Peter Scholz MPH,. CIH, Society for Public Health Education, 2008
- "Education Techniques for Lifelong Learning", Jannette Collins, MD, MEd, RadioGraphics, 2004
- "Instructional Techniques for Trainers", Course #908, Marti Andrews, State of California Training Center
- "Principles of Adult Learning", Stephen Lieb, Senior Technical Writer and Planner, Arizona Department of Health Services
- "Tailgate Training for California Construction Workers", State Building and Construction Trades Council of California, Labor Occupational Health Program University of California, Berkeley, 2001
- "3 Steps to Effective Worker Education and Training", Work Safe BC, 2008
http://www.worksafebc.com/publications/high_resolution_publications/assets/pdf/BK42.pdf (High Resolution pdf)
- "Train the Trainer", YouthOntario.net,
- "Youth @ Work", Talking Safety, Teaching Young Workers About Job Safety and Health, California Edition, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, Labor Occupational Health Program, University of California, Berkeley, Education Development Center. Inc., 2007