- Index of Cal/OSHA services
- File a workplace safety complaint
- Learn about worker rights
- Obtain a free consultation
- Report an accident or injury
Confined Space Emphasis Program
Confined Space Fatalities in California
In 2011, the State of California reported 7 fatalities that occurred as a result of working in a confined space. One fatality and two injuries were the direct result of attempted rescues. In both 2009 and 2010, there were only 2 confined space fatalities each year. The increase is an alarming reminder that educating the public on the risks of working in confined spaces must be an ongoing process.