- Become an apprentice
- Find an apprenticeship program
- Find a registered apprentice
- Train employees through apprenticeship
- Program sponsors
- Use apprentices on public works projects
- I built it!
- Apprenticeship Council meetings
- DIR Laws and Regulations
Division of Apprenticeship Standards - Director's Award
Application for Director's Award for Excellence in Supporting Women in the Building Trades
Program – self-nominated
- Number of men and women in the apprenticeship program as of December 31, 2009.
- The percentage of women to men in the apprenticeship program.
- Number/percentage of women in management positions for the program.
- Number/percentage of female instructors.
- Describe outreach activities devoted to recruiting women. Do you have any women on your recruitment team?
- Numbers of men and women that have completed the program in calendar year 2009.
- Has your program received any recognition from women’s organizations? Describe and include letters or acknowledgements.
- Do you have mentoring or other support programs specifically for women?
- Do you set annual goals for recruiting women into the program? Please describe.
- What innovative ideas have you implemented to recruit and retain women into your apprenticeship program?
- Why do you believe your program should be selected for this award?
Employer – nominated by program or self-nominated
- Number of men and women hired in calendar year 2009
- The percentage of women to men hired.
- Number of women working in management/supervisory positions.
- Number of women considered part of the core work-team (i.e. hired consistently for individual projects.)
- Describe outreach activities devoted to recruiting women.
- Has the company received any recognition from women’s organizations?
- Does the company have support or mentoring programs for their female employees?
- Does the company annual goals for hiring women to work?
- Describe innovative ideas the company has implemented to retain women?
- Why do you believe the company should be selected for this award?
Please send completed application form to Renée Bacchini at email@example.com. If you have any questions you can email Renée or call 415.703.4916.