- Become an apprentice
- Clean Energy Jobs
- Find an apprenticeship program
- Find a registered apprentice
- Train employees through apprenticeship
- Program sponsors
- Use apprentices on public works projects
- I built it!
- Apprenticeship Council meetings
- DIR Laws and Regulations
Division of Apprenticeship Standards - Director's Award
Apprenticeship Program Award
As of 2010, women apprentices in the construction trades had not yet surpassed three percent of total apprentices. A survey conducted by the Blue Ribbon Committee on Women in Apprenticeship found that women need extra support for recruitment and retention, and increased leadership opportunities.
To encourage innovative strategies for building the workforce of women employees, The Equal Opportunity Committee of the CAC and DIR developed these awards to recognize an apprenticeship program and an employer that have shown exemplary practices and success in recruiting, retaining and supporting women’s growth to leadership positions.
Apprenticeship programs and employers can self-nominate, and programs can nominate employers. The Equal Opportunity Committee of the California Apprenticeship Council (CAC) will select the winners based on the application criteria, and the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations will present the awards at the April 2010 Quarterly meeting of the CAC.
Please send completed application forms to Renee Bacchini at email@example.com. If you have any questions you can email Renee or call 415.703.4916.
- Director’s Award for Excellence in Supporting Women in the Building Trades
- Application for Director's Award for Excellence in Supporting Women in the Building Trades