- CHSWC research reports
- Current CHSWC Annual Report of programs and data
- Guidebook for Injured Workers
- Guides about filing workers' comp claims
- Carve-Out/Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Young workers and workers' compensation
- Meetings, information bulletins and subscribtions to CHSWC
- Frequently asked questions about workers' comp for employers
Commission on Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 5, 2013
CHSWC Releases 2012 Annual Report on California’s Health and Safety
and Workers’ Compensation Systems
OAKLAND -- The Commission on Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation (CHSWC) has released its eighteenth Annual Report for 2012 of its activities to improvement vital programs affecting nearly all Californians. The 2012 Annual Report presents information about the health and safety and workers’ compensation systems in California and makes recommendations to improve their operations.
The 2012 Annual Report includes CHSWC’s recommendations for legislative and administrative changes for the benefit of California’s workers and employers:
- Re-examine the system in light of legislative and administrative changes.
- Continue to examine data-quality problems and improve the reporting of employers’ coverage for workers’ compensation.
- Support the collection and analysis of transaction-level data from insurers by the Workers’ Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau (WCIRB) to ensure predictability, transparency, incentives and California Department of Insurance (CDI) oversight of the insurance industry.
- Evaluate the administrative and overhead cost of delivering occupational medical care under workers’ compensation insurance.
CHSWC, created by the workers' compensation reform legislation of 1993, is charged with examining the health and safety and workers' compensation systems in California and recommending administrative or legislative modifications to improve their operation. CHSWC was established to conduct a continuing examination of the workers' compensation system and of the state's activities to prevent industrial injuries and occupational diseases and to examine those programs in other states.
Information about CHSWC and the 2012 Annual Report is available on the CHSWC site. Information may also be obtained by writing to CHSWC at 1515 Clay Street, 17th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612; by calling (510) 622-3959; by faxing a request to (510) 622-3265; or by emailing email@example.com.
More Info Bulletins