Commission on Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation - commission meeting agenda
|Date:||Friday - December 8, 2006|
Elihu M. Harris State Building
First Floor, Auditorium
1515 Clay Street
|I.||Call to Order
* Minutes from the October 5, 2006 CHSWC meeting in Oakland
Angie Wei, Chair
|II.||Presentation on the Capture-Recapture Estimates of Workplace Injury Underreporting in California "How Often do Workplace Injuries go Uncompensated?"
Les Boden, Ph.D., Boston University School of Public Health
|III.||Presentation on Recent Evaluation of Savings from the Reforms and Trends
Dave Bellusci, Workers' Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau
|IV.||Presentation on Monitoring Cost in the Workers' Compensation System
Soeren Mattke, RAND
|V.||* Election of CHSWC Chair for 2007 (Employer Representative)
|VI.||* Other Business / Proposals / Public Questions and Comments**
* May result in an action item for CHSWC consideration and/or vote
|**Please Note: Public comments are limited
to three minutes per speaker.
Topics are subject to CHSWC review and approval.
The agenda may be adjusted, if necessary, depending upon the time needed for discussion of each item.
Commission on Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation (CHSWC)
- CHSWC research reports
- Current CHSWC Annual Report of programs and data
- Guidebook for Injured Workers
- Guides about filing workers' comp claims
- Carve-Out/Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Young workers and workers' compensation
- Meetings, information bulletins and subscribtions to CHSWC
- Frequently asked questions about workers' comp for employers